Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] psqlodbc - psqlodbc: Put Autotools-generated files into subdirectory

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] psqlodbc - psqlodbc: Put Autotools-generated files into subdirectory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Robert Treat wrote:
>>> To my knowledge you can do it either way, as long as you remember that
>>> any changes to the lgpl code have to be released.
>> It's generally a very bad idea for a BSD licensed project to include lgpl
>> licensed code because people who try and use your work in thier own projects,
>> under the assumption that it really is bsd licensed, get bitten when they
>> find out that they have now illegally included code that is licensed via some
>> other license.
>
> Of course, the developer who owns the LGPL-licensed copyright is free to
> relicense his work under a different license, so if the ODBC developers
> want to contribute code to Postgres they can give their work under the
> Postgres license.  (They must obtain permission from all the involved
> developers, obviously).

There are no original developers in the project now and I don't know
where or how they are now. I personally am not so eager to change the
license to BSD because it has been LGPL too long. Oppositely I thought
we can implement the BSD licensed autoconf macros by ourselves but I'm
not sure how it can be considered as *not derived*.

Thanks.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue