Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] psqlodbc - psqlodbc: Put Autotools-generated files into subdirectory

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] psqlodbc - psqlodbc: Put Autotools-generated files into subdirectory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
>> Maybe it's BSD which is different from the license of psqlodbc (LGPL).
>> Is there no problem with their coexistence ?
>> Or is it possible for psqlodbc to be LGPL entirely ?
>>

> I am having difficulty in understanding what the problem is. My
> understanding is that using BSD licensed code is ok in an LGPL project,
> but (probably) not vice versa.

Thanks.
I'm not an expert about licence at all. Though it's impossible
to release (L)GPL code as BSD one, it seems possible to release
BSD code as (L)GPL one. I feel strange a little that there's no
*give and take*.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue