Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created

От Jan de Visser
Тема Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday, April 21, 2016 12:55:00 PM EDT Melvin Davidson wrote:
> WHY am I being vilified for making a simple request? How is it that
> developers proceed with other enhancements, yet so much negative attention
> is being given to my request because of unjustified fear that something bad
> will happen?

The open source development model is "scratch your itch". Stuff gets developed
because people have problems and solve them. Apparently nobody has a
sufficiently large itch to both scratch it and submit the result to the
project.

The main difference between a project like this and a commercial product is
that here there are no product managers defining roadmaps and writing
requirements, but people bring solutions to problems *they* face or find
interesting. So, if this is a thing you really care about: do a git checkout
and start hacking. "Patches welcome".

And you're not being vilified. Your communication style is a tad, um,
abrasive, and sometimes hard to deal with.