Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/21/2016 07:30 AM, Melvin Davidson wrote:

> "Just one example of why that assertion does not hold:"
>
> I fail to see your point
>
> "That is easy. Compare dumps of the current schema against the
> official schema."
>
> So your solution is to do a dump and then grep for anomalies? How is
> that faster than just querying for recently created objects, or objects
> created at odd days/hours (weekends/early moring)?
>
> You seem to be spending all of your time finding exemptions rather than
> understanding the benefit. So what is your point? That it is not
> worthwhile because there are a few cases where it might not work?

The point is that simple is simple, it is dealing with the
exceptions/corner cases/etc that things get complex. While an individual
user may want only simple, the developers have to think about the user
community as a whole and that is where the complexity comes in. Whether
that is worthy or not is the point of your request and really depends on
more input.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com