Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created

От John W Higgins
Тема Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@gmail.com> wrote:
Please, just ONE LOGICAL VALID argument, not speculation. Otherwise, stop with the nay saying.

I think you should look seriously at the suggestion offered of using an event trigger to get what you desire here. I think the most logical argument is that there is no need to do anything if a solution is available on the table right now. Whether or not you agree with someone's fear of the side effects of a larger solution - if you can use a tool that is already available you should.

You are also more than happy to produce any patch that you would like to offer up for inclusion. I completely appreciate that for any reason you may not be able to offer up such a patch - but on the other hand - you cannot demand that someone create the patch for you if they do not desire.

John