Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 03:02:52PM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> No one is arguing that slapping a new column on pg_class is not easy, just
> that the implications of doing so requires a good deal of thought. The first
> thing that comes to my mind(also in threads on --hackers) is what is the
> creation time?:
>
> The first time an object was ever created?
>
> The time it was created in a new database during a
> dump-restore/pg_upgrade/replication?

... and what about user objects added to a database which is
then used as a template for creating another DB ?

- initial add time ?
- template-reuse time ?

Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346