Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created
Дата
Список pgsql-general

"Speaking blindly here but given that we now have event triggers I'm even more inclined to simply tell people to setup user-space tables and event triggers to do whatever they want.  Is there any reason that combination cannot solve the problems being brought up?  I get the desirability of having something in-core but this seems like a perfect problem for which PGXN should be the solution."

Wekk, yes and no. To use event triggers requires that a user first create their own audit table, then create a function to process the event, and finally create the event trigger. That works fine for the single database situation, but when you have hundreds of servers and databases to monitor (as I did), it makes the implementation a bit more daunting. Whereas having relcreatedat would mean "no muss, no fuss". :)

--
Melvin Davidson