Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/20/2016 04:33 PM, Melvin Davidson wrote:

> "Not until pg_upgrade is done or replication is started, in either case
> a new cluster is started probably at a different time from the original
> cluster."
> Not true, whether an upgrade or rep[lication, the relcreatedat time will
> not/cannot change. It will only change if a new database is created.

We will have to agree to disagree.

I just cannot see that in the following:

pg_upgrade 9.4 --> 9.5

The 9.5 database is the same as the 9.4 one.

Also in replication case:

Master --> Standby
Master dies
Standby gets promoted to new Master.
STONITH the original Master
Work continues on the new Master.
The old Master is resurrected as a new Standby.

To me it would be important to know when the objects actually appeared
in the various databases as a way of figuring what the above timeline was.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com