Обсуждение: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design

Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design

От
Sahil Harpal
Дата:
Dear all,

I am working on pgadmin4 to let users see their system-level statistics on the dashboard. In this mail, I've attached the wireframe to display system stats on the existing dashboard.

I am open to hearing your thoughts and suggestions on the design.

Thanks,
Sahil
Вложения

Re: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design

От
Akshay Joshi
Дата:
Hi Sahil

At first glance, it looks good to me. Seems you have created a new tab System Statistics instead of using the existing dashboard.

I am working on pgadmin4 to let users see their system-level statistics on the dashboard. In this mail, I've attached the wireframe to display system stats on the existing dashboard.

I am open to hearing your thoughts and suggestions on the design.

Thanks,
Sahil

Re: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design

От
Sahil Harpal
Дата:
Thank you, Akshay, for your feedback.
Here are a few more designs that I have created based on the discussion with my mentors. I would love to know your thoughts on them.

Design 1 - Using an additional new tab for system statistics
Design 2 - Added buttons to toggle between existing dashboard data and system statistics.

Thanks,
Sahil

At first glance, it looks good to me. Seems you have created a new tab System Statistics instead of using the existing dashboard.

I am working on pgadmin4 to let users see their system-level statistics on the dashboard. In this mail, I've attached the wireframe to display system stats on the existing dashboard.

I am open to hearing your thoughts and suggestions on the design.

Thanks,
Sahil
Вложения

Re: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design

От
Akshay Joshi
Дата:
Hi Sahil

Here are a few more designs that I have created based on the discussion with my mentors. I would love to know your thoughts on them.

Design 1 - Using an additional new tab for system statistics
Design 2 - Added buttons to toggle between existing dashboard data and system statistics.

    I personally like Design 2 as we have only one main tab "Dashboard" and then two sub-tabs "General"(Can be changed) and "System Statistics".

Thanks,
Sahil

At first glance, it looks good to me. Seems you have created a new tab System Statistics instead of using the existing dashboard.

I am working on pgadmin4 to let users see their system-level statistics on the dashboard. In this mail, I've attached the wireframe to display system stats on the existing dashboard.

I am open to hearing your thoughts and suggestions on the design.

Thanks,
Sahil

Re: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design

От
Aditya Toshniwal
Дата:
Hi Sahil,

I would suggest club OS, CPU, Process, Disk and I/O in a tabbed control. (Taking inspiration from the task manager).
It will reduce the network calls, cluttering and improve DOM performance.