Обсуждение: Handling null values in char fields from JDBC

Handling null values in char fields from JDBC

От
"Sean Duffy"
Дата:
I am running Postgresql 7.1.3 and using the 7.1-1.2 jar jdbc driver.  I noticed that when I used a
ResultSet.getString("charfield")call to fetch null data from the char field I get a null pointer exception error.  My
questionis two fold..
1) Is this normal behavior for the jdbc driver?
2) Is there a recommended way of trapping for a null value in a char field (besides just going into the db with psql
andsetting all null values to '')?

I have looked thru two different Postgresql manuals but have not been able to find anything referring to null value
handlingat the jdbc level.

If anyone can pt me in the right direction I
would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Re: Handling null values in char fields from JDBC

От
"Paulo Merson"
Дата:
Are you using ResultSet.getString and then ResultSet.wasNull?

Paulo Merson
Summa Technologies - www.summa-tech.com

http://www.getpennytalk.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=RG9853KJ&url=htt
p://www.getpennytalk.com

Re: Handling null values in char fields from JDBC

От
"Dave Cramer"
Дата:
Sean,

Just to clarify? Is there a null in the data on the server?

Dave