Re: getConnection() method of PreparedStatement

От Ned Wolpert
Тема Re: getConnection() method of PreparedStatement
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Sulakshana-

BTW, the problem with JDBC is that you still have to change your code
between databases, since the SQL needs to change. (Example, getting
sequences)  If you really dont want to ever change your SQL or jdbc code
between postgresql, db2, ms-sql, etc, get an object-mapping tool like
castor or toplink.  I'm working on the castor project to make sure the
tool supports postgresql.  (I'm also going to try to get rowsets
implemented in the jdbc driver by 7.3, hopefully. :-)

There are other drivers available, I'm sure.  Check out sourceforge.net.

Good luck.

--- Sulakshana Awsarikar <sulakshana@mithi.com> wrote:
> Before testing my application with PostgreSQL, I have tested it with
> MySQL and MS SQL Server 7.0 and their respective JDBC drivers.  The
> application works without throwing any kind of exceptions.
>
> The very basis of using drivers that are supposed to implement the JDBC
> API
> specs is that the application can use any backend database without
> having to modify code.
>
> Clearly this is missing here if the ResultSet interface of Postgresql
> driver
> does not give me a getRow() implementation or the PreparedStatement
> interface does not give  me a getConnection() implementation.
>
> Is there any postgresql driver which does provide these implemetations ?
> Modifying the application because of lack of implementation of abstract
> methods is not an option that can be considered.
>
> regards
> Sulakshana

=====
Virtually,   Ned Wolpert <wolpert@yahoo.com>

"Who watches the watchmen?"  -Juvenal, 120 AD (4e75)