Re: getConnection() method of PreparedStatement

От Sulakshana Awsarikar
Тема Re: getConnection() method of PreparedStatement
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Before testing my application with PostgreSQL, I have tested it with MySQL
and MS SQL Server 7.0 and their respective JDBC drivers.  The application
works without throwing any kind of exceptions.

The very basis of using drivers that are supposed to implement the JDBC API
specs is that the application can use any backend database without having to
modify code.

Clearly this is missing here if the ResultSet interface of Postgresql driver
does not give me a getRow() implementation or the PreparedStatement
interface does not give  me a getConnection() implementation.

Is there any postgresql driver which does provide these implemetations ?
Modifying the application because of lack of implementation of abstract
methods is not an option that can be considered.

regards
Sulakshana