Re: Handling null values in char fields from JDBC

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Handling null values in char fields from JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Sean,

Just to clarify? Is there a null in the data on the server?

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Sean Duffy
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 9:22 AM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] Handling null values in char fields from JDBC

I am running Postgresql 7.1.3 and using the 7.1-1.2 jar jdbc driver.  I
noticed that when I used a ResultSet.getString("charfield") call to
fetch null data from the char field I get a null pointer exception
error.  My question is two fold..
1) Is this normal behavior for the jdbc driver?
2) Is there a recommended way of trapping for a null value in a char
field (besides just going into the db with psql and setting all null
values to '')?

I have looked thru two different Postgresql manuals but have not been
able to find anything referring to null value handling at the jdbc
level.

If anyone can pt me in the right direction I
would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://www.getpennytalk.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=RG9853KJ&url=htt