Обсуждение: BI tools and postgresql

BI tools and postgresql

От
Mark Phillips
Дата:
I am seeking suggestions for business intelligence and data mining tools compatible with postgresql. A new manager at a
client'sshop is leaning toward the MS offerings. I would like to be able to speak to the issue.

TIA,

 - Mark

Re: BI tools and postgresql

От
Henry Drexler
Дата:
The combination of pandas ipython and psycopg2 work wonders for pulling data from db and manipulating/plotting,
although I don't know in more detail of what the client's use cases are.

I am seeking suggestions for business intelligence and data mining tools compatible with postgresql. A new manager at a client's shop is leaning toward the MS offerings. I would like to be able to speak to the issue.

TIA,

 - Mark

Re: BI tools and postgresql

От
Mark Phillips
Дата:
Thank you. I will look into those projects.

The initiative is at the earliest stage so there is not a lot of detail available at the moment.

The combination of pandas ipython and psycopg2 work wonders for pulling data from db and manipulating/plotting,
although I don't know in more detail of what the client's use cases are.

I am seeking suggestions for business intelligence and data mining tools compatible with postgresql. A new manager at a client's shop is leaning toward the MS offerings. I would like to be able to speak to the issue.

TIA,

 - Mark

Re: BI tools and postgresql

От
Seref Arikan
Дата:
Hi Mark,
For me, Pentaho has delivered quite good results  in the past, and being an open source offering it would probably work OK with postgresql. Jasper reports also seems to have made it into BI space, and I would assume it'd work with postgresql too or so I recall. Both are open source projects/products with strong industry adoption, so if you're going to advice against MS tools, they'd be more likely to be considered as alternatives.

Regards
Seref