Re: BI tools and postgresql

От Vincent Veyron
Тема Re: BI tools and postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Le jeudi 26 juillet 2012 à 08:17 -0400, Chris Curvey a écrit :

> 1) a tool for power users to be able to get their own data.  There are
> a few folks here who are smart enough to be trusted with direct access
> to the database, but I don't want to ask them to learn SQL.  Something
> like an open source version of the old Business Objects drag-n-drop
> interface would be great.

It's quite easy to build an exporting function with a web server, if you
can use that.

You can see one in action here :

https://as-pro.biz/clients/login?nom_utilisateur=demo-mfp&mot_de_passe=demo-mfp

Go into 'Statistiques' from the left menu.
Check any checkbox next to 'Tableaux' (Menu 1, Menu 2...)
Click on 'Envoyer'

You can download the data in csv format for each table displayed by
clicking into its header.

This is an Apache web server using mod_perl to connect to a postgresql
database. The module can be written in a day if you know the language
(you can use others), the apache web server has a learning curve at
first.

--
Vincent Veyron
http://marica.fr/