Re: BI tools and postgresql

От Vincent Veyron
Тема Re: BI tools and postgresql
Дата
Re: BI tools and postgresql  (Jacqui Caren <jacqui.caren@ntlworld.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Le mercredi 25 juillet 2012 à 10:41 -0700, Mark Phillips a écrit :
> I am seeking suggestions for business intelligence and data mining tools compatible with postgresql.
> A new manager at a client's shop is leaning toward the MS offerings. I would like to be able to speak to the issue.

mmmmh..., I realize this will read like a wild exageration, but I
sincerely doubt anybody pushing this type of solution can be reasoned.

The money spent in licences alone would pay for scores of developpers to
produce any kind of reporting you will need many times over (the data
and its structure is what counts, reporting is easy if you have that)

And that is probably small potatoes compared to the hours that the users
will spend trying to have the mal-engineered thing output something.

My guess is that your battle is political : a strong ally would be
helpful.

--
Vincent Veyron
http://vincentveyron.com/