Обсуждение: excell to postgres

excell to postgres

От
"Martin A. Marques"
Дата:
Is there any utilitie (for Linux if it can be) to pass from excell tables to
postgres database tables?

Saludos... ;-)

--
"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
Mart�n Marqu�s            email:     martin@math.unl.edu.ar

Re: excell to postgres

От
Haroldo Stenger
Дата:
"Martin A. Marques" wrote:

> Is there any utilitie (for Linux if it can be) to pass from excell tables to
> postgres database tables?

You could use Sun's Staroffice to take the Excel files, save them as a
text file, and then use PostgreSQL COPY features to upload them into a
database.

> Saludos... ;-)

/* Saludos, ché. Sos argentino o Uruguayo, porque conozco un tocayo tuyo
por acá ...*/

Re: excell to postgres

От
Karel Zak
Дата:
On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Martin A. Marques wrote:

> Is there any utilitie (for Linux if it can be) to pass from excell tables to
> postgres database tables?

ODBC driver for M$-Win?

                    Karel

Re: excell to postgres

От
Fabrice Scemama
Дата:
"Martin A. Marques" wrote:

> Is there any utilitie (for Linux if it can be) to pass from excell tables to
> postgres database tables?
>
> Saludos... ;-)
>
> --
> "And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
> Martín Marqués                  email:  martin@math.unl.edu.ar
> Santa Fe - Argentina            http://math.unl.edu.ar/~martin/
> Administrador de sistemas en math.unl.edu.ar

You might use C OLE -- a C lib which was designed so as to
import OLE files to other formats. An application is xlHTML
(excel to HTML). I use xlHTML to import excel tables, then
convert the HTML to DBF using a perl script. For some reason,
xlHTML's author did not code a xlDBF file; and I'm not familiar
with C. I'd be interested in something better than my
solution (which I can send to you if you wish so).

xlHTML:
http://www.gate.net/~ddata/xlHtml/index.htm

Regards
Fabrice Scemama

Re: excell to postgres

От
Silvio Macedo
Дата:
Hi!

You can use Excel own export function to save the file - for example in
CSV (comma delimited).
Then, as Harold says, use COPY inside pgsql to read.
I don't know how will be character escaping in excel/pgsql.

Better yet, would be to install ODBC driver for postgres on your windows
system, and then open the ODBC datasource in excel.
You will then be able to simply drag and drop data from the Excel
worksheet to the pg database that you will be connecting via odbc.

M$ Access is another solution. In that case, you must set up a data source
in Control Panel, ODBC, using the Excel file database driver - thus making
an odbc  database directly from the excel file. You will then be able to
use M$ Access functionalities (or PgAdmin if you prefer) to do the export.

Regards, Silvio

--
``````````` Silvio Emanuel Nunes Barbosa de Macedo (PhD Std) '''''''''''''
smacedo@ic.ac.uk                                         smacedo@inescn.pt

Re: excell to postgres

От
"Moray McConnachie"