Re: excell to postgres

От Fabrice Scemama
Тема Re: excell to postgres
Дата
RE: excell to postgres  ("Chris Carbaugh" <chris@leerelectric.com>)
Список pgsql-general
"Martin A. Marques" wrote:

> Is there any utilitie (for Linux if it can be) to pass from excell tables to
> postgres database tables?
>
> Saludos... ;-)
>
> --
> "And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
> Martín Marqués                  email:  martin@math.unl.edu.ar
> Santa Fe - Argentina            http://math.unl.edu.ar/~martin/
> Administrador de sistemas en math.unl.edu.ar

You might use C OLE -- a C lib which was designed so as to
import OLE files to other formats. An application is xlHTML
(excel to HTML). I use xlHTML to import excel tables, then
convert the HTML to DBF using a perl script. For some reason,
xlHTML's author did not code a xlDBF file; and I'm not familiar
with C. I'd be interested in something better than my
solution (which I can send to you if you wish so).

xlHTML:
http://www.gate.net/~ddata/xlHtml/index.htm

Regards
Fabrice Scemama