Re: excell to postgres

От Silvio Macedo
Тема Re: excell to postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

You can use Excel own export function to save the file - for example in
CSV (comma delimited).
Then, as Harold says, use COPY inside pgsql to read.
I don't know how will be character escaping in excel/pgsql.

Better yet, would be to install ODBC driver for postgres on your windows
system, and then open the ODBC datasource in excel.
You will then be able to simply drag and drop data from the Excel
worksheet to the pg database that you will be connecting via odbc.

M$ Access is another solution. In that case, you must set up a data source
in Control Panel, ODBC, using the Excel file database driver - thus making
an odbc  database directly from the excel file. You will then be able to
use M$ Access functionalities (or PgAdmin if you prefer) to do the export.

Regards, Silvio

--
``````````` Silvio Emanuel Nunes Barbosa de Macedo (PhD Std) '''''''''''''
smacedo@ic.ac.uk                                         smacedo@inescn.pt