Re: excell to postgres

От Moray McConnachie
Тема Re: excell to postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin A. Marques" <martin@math.unl.edu.ar>
To: <pgsql-general@hub.org>
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2000 3:16 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] excell to postgres

>Is there any utilitie (for Linux if it can be) to pass from excell tables
>postgres database tables?

The fastest way to do it is choose Save As from the file menu, choose tab
delimited file as the file type. Then import into the postgresql database
using psql's copy command. Of course this does require you to set up the
table first in postgres!

Alternatively, you ought to be able to do it through pgAdmin's import
database tool? available through http://www.pgadmin.freeserve.co.uk which
allows you to administer stuff, and I *think* allows you to import an ODBC
database into . The Excel ODBC driver allows you to think of Excel as just
any other ODBC database, so I think this might work.

You may have problems with itsy things like date formats, though.
Yours,
Moray McConnachie
Moray.McConnachie@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk