Re: excell to postgres

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: excell to postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 11:48:52AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> [Charset iso-8859-1 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
> > "Martin A. Marques" wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there any utilitie (for Linux if it can be) to pass from excell tables to
> > > postgres database tables?
> >
> > You could use Sun's Staroffice to take the Excel files, save them as a
> > text file, and then use PostgreSQL COPY features to upload them into a
> > database.
>
> Try xlHtml at http://www.gate.net/~ddata/xlHtml/index.htm.  This
> converts Excel to HTML.  Very nice.  I then convert it to text using
> other tools.

Hmm, this thread is the first I've seen this code: looks very interesting.
Both Bruce and the earlier poster mentioned getting html out, and then
post processing. Looks like the latest version has an 'ascii' switch, added
for plotting with gnuplot. Might be just the ticket. Adding code to do
postgresql quoting of strings should be trivial.

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer