Re: Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon

От Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Тема Re: Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 27/07/2008, Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>   Well, that's the problem, Andrej. I have that script, and it worked fine
>  with postgres-6.x through -8.1, but failed to correctly start the
> postmaster  after the system reboot.
I thought we had established that this issue was caused by
the current instance pointing at the old installs data directory?

>   I can try twiddling with the script; it calls pg_ctl, and that should
>  work, but apparently something broke last week.
That should be quite easy to tweak, really ... my current script
(slightly modified from the one in contrib/startup-scripts) is attached...
You may need to change the dirs in the script yet a bit.

>  Thanks,
>
>  Rich
Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.

Вложения

От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Wrapper to use correct version of psql?
От: Ivan Voras
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs FreeBSD 7.0 as regular user