Re: Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 18:05 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Andrej Ricnik-Bay wrote:
>
> > Now there's an interesting piece of information :) How long
> > ago did you upgrade it?
>

>     ... something broke during the reboot. From /var/log/postgresql:
>
> FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
> DETAIL:  The database cluster was initialized with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 812,
> but the server was compiled with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 833.
> HINT:  It looks like you need to initdb.
>
>     I still have the old pgsql (8.1.13) still in a non-standard directory. I
> had run initdb after cleaning up the upgrade. Should I do so again?

It looks to me like your init script just isn't pointing to the 8.3.3
data directory. If you are unsure you can do this:

find / -name PG_VERSION

You likely have 2 or 3 of them. Find the one that says 8.3 and make sure
your start up script points there.

Joshua D. Drake