Re: Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Andrej Ricnik-Bay wrote:

> Now there's an interesting piece of information :) How long
> ago did you upgrade it?

Andrej,

    A month ago; June 17th to be exact.

> From which version of pg to which version did you upgrade,

    From 8.1.13 to 8.3.3.

> and how did you go about it?  Chances are indeed that the postmasters
> logfile (/var/log/postgres) may hold crucial information as Tom suggested.

    Well, after digging myself into a hole, I received help here and climbed
out. It was working last week (when I made some entries into my accounting
system and viewed the local version of our web site). However, ...

    ... something broke during the reboot. From /var/log/postgresql:

FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
DETAIL:  The database cluster was initialized with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 812,
but the server was compiled with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 833.
HINT:  It looks like you need to initdb.

    I still have the old pgsql (8.1.13) still in a non-standard directory. I
had run initdb after cleaning up the upgrade. Should I do so again?

Thanks,

Rich

Сообщение: Re: Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon
Сообщение: Re: Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon