Re: Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon

От Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Тема Re: Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 27/07/2008, Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>  Andrej,
Hi Rich,

>   I found the thread in the archives for June of this year.
>
>   Re-reading the posted results of running initdb I tried a different
>  approach to starting the server. Instead of using pg_ctl I used 'postgres
> -D
>  /var/lib/pgsql/data &' (while logged in as user postgres, of course.) That
>  cleaned up a bad shutdown (when I had to reboot the system after it hung),
>  fixed the missing socket, and replaced the .pid. So, it's up and running
>  once again.
>
>   My question is how best to modify the startup script so the postmaster
>  fires up when the system is rebooted. I don't see an option to 'su' to
>  specify the postgres user's password so I can script this. Have you any
>  recommendation?
Since Slackware doesn't use the SysV style of inits but default the
easiest way for you to achieve an automatic start-up of postgres
on reboot would be to add something like
if [ -x /etc/rc.d/rc.postgres ]; then
  /etc/rc.d/rc.postgres start
fi
to your /etc/rc.d/rc.local

>  Thanks,
>
>  Rich
Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.

От: Tino Wildenhain
Сообщение: Re: php + postgresql
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon