Re: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId:

От Bernd Johannes Wuebben
Тема Re: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId:
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 13-Aug-98 Maarten Boekhold wrote:
>> wuebben: psql template1
>> Connection to database 'template1' failed.
>> FATAL 1:  SetUserId: user "wuebben" is not in "pg_shadow"
>
> Your $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf is probably telling pgsql to require a
> username/password for all databases. Go to the end of this file and
> change 'password' to 'trust', and then restart the postmaster. I guess
> this is an error in the rpm.

No, this is not the case, here are the last line of my
var/lib/pgsql/pg_hba.conf :

# By default, allow anything over UNIX domain sockets and localhost.

local        all                                         trust
host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255   trust

As you can see 'trust' is set.
Bernd

Bernd Johannes Wuebben                          wuebben@kde.org
wuebben@math.cornell.edu                        wuebben@acm.org