Re: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId:

От Maarten Boekhold
Тема Re: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId:
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Bernd Johannes Wuebben wrote:

> On 13-Aug-98 Maarten Boekhold wrote:
> >> wuebben: psql template1
> >> Connection to database 'template1' failed.
> >> FATAL 1:  SetUserId: user "wuebben" is not in "pg_shadow"
> >
> > Your $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf is probably telling pgsql to require a
> > username/password for all databases. Go to the end of this file and
> > change 'password' to 'trust', and then restart the postmaster. I guess
> > this is an error in the rpm.
>
> No, this is not the case, here are the last line of my
> var/lib/pgsql/pg_hba.conf :
>
> # By default, allow anything over UNIX domain sockets and localhost.
>
> local        all                                         trust
> host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255   trust
>
> As you can see 'trust' is set.

I must have been asleep when I wrote that mail. PostgreSQL always
requires a valid username. You should be able to connect to postgres when
you're logged on as the UNIX user 'postgres' (ie. the postgresql
superuser). Then you can create other users with 'createuser', or from within
psql with 'CREATE USER'.

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId:
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId: