Re: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId:

От Bernd Johannes Wuebben
Тема Re: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId:
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, John C Cusick wrote:

> Consider blaming RedHat if you must blame or if you are
> frustrated getting it to work properly.

Ok, I will give you suggestion a try.

Oh, I didn't mean to blame anyone and certainly not the postgresql
team. As I readily admitted in one of my mail, the fault might
well lie with the rpm packager which is RedHat in this case. ;-)

Then again RedHat is, whether we like it or not at least at this
point still the number 1 linux distribution. If postgresql doesn't
work out of the box on RedHat 5.1 using the RedHat 5.1 postgresql
rpms that RedHat provided, then I think the postgresql team should
know about it and react in some form or other and if it is just
a friendly mail to the RedHat people telling them how to correct
the situation.

> By the way, Bernd, are you in Ithaca, NY ?? If so, do you
> know of any local user's group for Linux ??

Yes, we do have a group here at Cornell. Why do you ask?

Bernd

Сообщение: RE: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId:
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId: