Re: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId:

От jcc2@juno.com (John C Cusick)
Тема Re: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId:
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
This one's easy.  Log on as root, edit /etc/psswd
and remove !!

Then log on as postgres and set your password.

As for your other problem. It is an aggrivation belonging
to RedHat and not PostgreSQL. You need to check your
pam files, turn off shadow passwords or whatever your
RedHat is using for user verification and add postmaster 5432
to your /etc/services.

I never have probs with Slackware systems as a server but then
again I don't worry about secure servers :-)

RedHat is more secure, but the docs are either a little vague
or so in depth that I don't have time to read them all and for
the life of me I cannot remember what I did exactly to get
my RedHat systems working properly. ( I'm not
at those systems presently, and obviously :-)

Consider blaming RedHat if you must blame or if you are
frustrated getting it to work properly.

By the way, Bernd, are you in Ithaca, NY ?? If so, do you
know of any local user's group for Linux ??

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998 14:22:45 -0400 (EDT) Bernd Johannes Wuebben
<wuebben@math.cornell.edu> writes:

>On 13-Aug-98 Marcio Macedo wrote:
>> You can also try this
>> As root:
>>       su - postgres
>>       createuser user_name
>> this will probably allow your user to create and use databases.
>
>This doesn't work either. But that is no surprice, here is the
>relevant line of my /etc/passwd :
>
>postgres:!!:100:233:PostgreSQL Server:/var/lib/pgsql:/bin/bash
>
>There is no password associated so I can NOT log in as postgres.
>
>Bernd
>Bernd Johannes Wuebben                          wuebben@kde.org
>wuebben@math.cornell.edu                        wuebben@acm.org

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId:
Сообщение: RE: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId: