Re: Advantages of PostgreSQL over MySQL 5.0

От Leif Jensen
Тема Re: Advantages of PostgreSQL over MySQL 5.0
Дата
Re: Advantages of PostgreSQL over MySQL 5.0  (Chris Travers <chris@metatrontech.com>)
Re: Advantages of PostgreSQL over MySQL 5.0  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-general
   Hello,

  I have with great interrest been following this thread. We have a
(small) flame war in house about this and I'm very happy about all the
arguments I have seen. I'm a long time user of PostgreSQL (which possibly
makes me a bit biased ;-) ) and I think it's great. I'm not a big database
expert, but I try to make things as good and standard as I can.

  In this respect I have 3 questions:

1) I wonder that no one has mentioned anything about security issues in
those two. I know that I'm a novice and that I didn't use MySql very much,
but it seems to me that the PostgreSQL security is much better than MySql
!?

2) I don't know the latest SQL standard (I did say I'm a novice), but how
close to some standard is embedded SQL in C in PostgreSQL, Oracle, and
MySql ?

3) We are using mambo (the homepage management system), which is based on
MySql. I would love to make it use PostgreSQL instead (to ease
maintenance, backup, administration, etc.) Does anyone know where to get
help/info on this ?

  Thanks for a good product and a good discusion,

 Leif