Re: Advantages of PostgreSQL over MySQL 5.0

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Advantages of PostgreSQL over MySQL 5.0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 14:30:54 +0100,
  Leif Jensen <leif@crysberg.dk> wrote:

> 1) I wonder that no one has mentioned anything about security issues in
> those two. I know that I'm a novice and that I didn't use MySql very much,
> but it seems to me that the PostgreSQL security is much better than MySql
> !?

This may be because you are supposed to limit access to your database servers
such that unauthorized users don't get direct access to them easily. So you
don't have the same level of concern that you do for services generally
exposed to the whole internet, such as for web and mail servers.