Re: Missing French backend translations in the HEAD

От Serguei A. Mokhov
Тема Re: Missing French backend translations in the HEAD
Дата
Re: Missing French backend translations in the HEAD  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:51:52 +0200
>
> Serguei A. Mokhov wrote:
> > backend/po/fr.po had 99% translations done for 7.4, and nos it is
> > totally missing for the current CVS tip (it is in the
> > Attic)....mmmm... why? Most of those messasge are still applicable to
> > the current, no? Commit message from you from 2 weeks ago says:
>
> The file has only ever existed in the 7.4 branch, because it was
> submitted as postgres-7.4.po.bz2.

So? It is still valid in most part for 8.0. The parts that are not, won't
do any bad.

> I think the log messages are a CVS artifact.  If Guillaume wants, I can
> also put the 7.4 PO file in the head branch.

I was surpirsed not finding it there, actually, when everything else is
there. I need sometimes the French localized messages, that's why I
brought it up.

Guillaume?

(BTW, does a fr_CA version of it have a chance of being accepted? French
here (in Canada) is still a bit different with its own specifics.
Spelling-wise, the most notable difference is having CAPS with accents
where fr_FR normally doesn't have (for corresponding lowercase accented
letters) and spacing. Maybe a bit of terminology as well, but I don't have
an example handy). Of course, you can start making an argument of then
should we create en_BR, pt, es_MX, etc, but.. any comment?).

--
Serguei A. Mokhov            |  /~\    The ASCII
Computer Science Department  |  \ / Ribbon Campaign