Обсуждение: Missing French backend translations in the HEAD

Missing French backend translations in the HEAD

От
"Serguei A. Mokhov"
Дата:
Hello Peter,

backend/po/fr.po had 99% translations done for 7.4, and nos it is totally
missing for the current CVS tip (it is in the Attic)....mmmm... why? Most
of those messasge are still applicable to the current, no? Commit message
from you from 2 weeks ago says:

2 weeks     petere     branches: 1.1.2; file fr.po was initially added on
branch REL7_4_STABLE.

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/src/backend/po/Attic/

I don't understad it and the reasons for the file to be removed. As a
consequence it is also missing in the current translation status table.

--
Serguei A. Mokhov            |  /~\    The ASCII
Computer Science Department  |  \ / Ribbon Campaign

Re: Missing French backend translations in the HEAD

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Serguei A. Mokhov wrote:
> backend/po/fr.po had 99% translations done for 7.4, and nos it is
> totally missing for the current CVS tip (it is in the
> Attic)....mmmm... why? Most of those messasge are still applicable to
> the current, no? Commit message from you from 2 weeks ago says:

The file has only ever existed in the 7.4 branch, because it was
submitted as postgres-7.4.po.bz2.  I think the log messages are a CVS
artifact.  If Guillaume wants, I can also put the 7.4 PO file in the
head branch.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Missing French backend translations in the HEAD

От
"Serguei A. Mokhov"
Дата:
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:51:52 +0200
>
> Serguei A. Mokhov wrote:
> > backend/po/fr.po had 99% translations done for 7.4, and nos it is
> > totally missing for the current CVS tip (it is in the
> > Attic)....mmmm... why? Most of those messasge are still applicable to
> > the current, no? Commit message from you from 2 weeks ago says:
>
> The file has only ever existed in the 7.4 branch, because it was
> submitted as postgres-7.4.po.bz2.

So? It is still valid in most part for 8.0. The parts that are not, won't
do any bad.

> I think the log messages are a CVS artifact.  If Guillaume wants, I can
> also put the 7.4 PO file in the head branch.

I was surpirsed not finding it there, actually, when everything else is
there. I need sometimes the French localized messages, that's why I
brought it up.

Guillaume?

(BTW, does a fr_CA version of it have a chance of being accepted? French
here (in Canada) is still a bit different with its own specifics.
Spelling-wise, the most notable difference is having CAPS with accents
where fr_FR normally doesn't have (for corresponding lowercase accented
letters) and spacing. Maybe a bit of terminology as well, but I don't have
an example handy). Of course, you can start making an argument of then
should we create en_BR, pt, es_MX, etc, but.. any comment?).

--
Serguei A. Mokhov            |  /~\    The ASCII
Computer Science Department  |  \ / Ribbon Campaign
Concordia University         |   X    Against HTML
Montreal, Quebec, Canada     |  / \      Email!

Re: Missing French backend translations in the HEAD

От
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Дата:
> (BTW, does a fr_CA version of it have a chance of being accepted? French
> here (in Canada) is still a bit different with its own specifics.
> Spelling-wise, the most notable difference is having CAPS with accents
> where fr_FR normally doesn't have (for corresponding lowercase accented
> letters) and spacing. Maybe a bit of terminology as well, but I don't have
> an example handy). Of course, you can start making an argument of then
> should we create en_BR, pt, es_MX, etc, but.. any comment?).

en_BR would be cool, then I don't have to put up with all that American
spelling :)

Chris

Re: Missing French backend translations in the HEAD

Дата:
> en_BR would be cool, then I don't have to put up with all that American
> spelling :)

I thought you'd be looking for en_OZ ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: Missing French backend translations in the HEAD

От
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Дата:
>>en_BR would be cool, then I don't have to put up with all that American
>>spelling :)
>

> I thought you'd be looking for en_OZ ...

en_AU, but it's exactly the same as EN_BR, so that's fine :)

Chris

Re: Missing French backend translations in the HEAD

Дата:
>>> en_BR would be cool, then I don't have to put up with all that American
>>> spelling :)
>>
>> I thought you'd be looking for en_OZ ...

> en_AU, but it's exactly the same as EN_BR, so that's fine :)

Oh, just the pronunciation that's different then?
        regards, tom lane

PS: just teasing of course