Re: [HACKERS] linux libc6 & pgsql 6.4

От Terry Mackintosh
Тема Re: [HACKERS] linux libc6 & pgsql 6.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Michael Meskes wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 06, 1998 at 10:33:48AM +0100, Zsolt Varga wrote:
> > have anyone tested 6.4 on a libc6 based linux (for example debian hamm) ?
>
> Yes, me. That is my debian system is newer than hamm.
>
> > but on libc6 it's compiled without errors,
> > I can make the initdb, and start the postmaster,
> > but psql -l for example not working
> > every postgres backend exits after postmaster forked..
>
> Works fine for me. No problem at all.

This may or may not be related to your problem, but...
On my server I did only the min. install of Red Hat 4.2 that I needed to
run a server, then custom built most of the stuff such as PHP, Apache,
PostgreSQL ... etc.  I also change the permissions on many directories and
files.

And now I find that a normal user can not do some things that involve
'fork()'.  But all works fine as root, so it is a permission problem,
which I still have not pinned down, not even shure how to find it.:(

Example: Pine/ispell or Pine/vim
Any attemp to run an external program from pine, such as ispell, will not
work, pine will say that the program returned 255.  So I did some debuging
stuff and found the problem happens at the fork() call.

Does this sound like your problem?
If so, then start looking very closely at permissions.

Have a great day, and hope that helped.
Terry Mackintosh <terry@terrym.com>          http://www.terrym.com
sysadmin/owner  Please! No MIME encoded or HTML mail, unless needed.

Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3, PHP 3, PostgreSQL 6.3
Success Is A Choice ... book by Rick Patino, get it, read it!

Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] crypt not included when compiling libpgtcl !!!!!!!
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] crypt not included when compiling libpgtcl !!!!!!!