Re: [INTERFACES] crypt not included when compiling libpgtcl !!!!!!!

От Constantin Teodorescu
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] crypt not included when compiling libpgtcl !!!!!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Constantin Teodorescu <teo@flex.ro> writes:
> > [root@teo libpgtcl]# ldd libpgtcl.so.2.0
> >         libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/libcrypt.so.1 (0x40014000)
> >         libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40041000)
> >         /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x00000000)
>
> > [root@teo libpgtcl]# ldd ../libpq/libpq.so.2.0
> >         statically linked
>
> Well, that's pretty interesting.  Evidently you were able to persuade
> the linker to dynamically link libpgtcl.so to libcrypt.so, but the patch
> I suggested did *not* persuade the linker to dynamically link libpq.so
> to libcrypt.so.

The patch that you send me I have applied ONLY to Makefile.in from
src/interfaces/libpgtcl directory.
Should I apply it to Makefile.in from src/interfaces/libpq directory ?

>  Just exactly what change did you make in libpgtcl's
> Makefile, anyway?  I assumed it was simply adding -lcrypt, but now I
> am not so sure.

Yes. Only add -lcrypt

> And we also need to figure out why the linker is including libpq.a into
> libpgtcl.so, instead of creating a dynamic link from libpgtcl.so to
> libpq.so like it did for libcrypt and libc.
>
> (BTW, do you have a libcrypt.a in /lib, or just libcrypt.so?)

in /usr/lib libcrypt.a and libcrypt.so
in /lib/libcrypt.so

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] linux libc6 & pgsql 6.4
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] linux libc6 & pgsql 6.4