Re: [HACKERS] linux libc6 & pgsql 6.4

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] linux libc6 & pgsql 6.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 07, 1998 at 08:37:51AM -0500, Terry Mackintosh wrote:
> > > but on libc6 it's compiled without errors,
> > > I can make the initdb, and start the postmaster,
> > > but psql -l for example not working
> > > every postgres backend exits after postmaster forked..
> >
> > Works fine for me. No problem at all.
>
> This may or may not be related to your problem, but...

Ehem, I do not have that problem. I was the one answering that my
installation is okay. :-9

> And now I find that a normal user can not do some things that involve
> 'fork()'.  But all works fine as root, so it is a permission problem,
> which I still have not pinned down, not even shure how to find it.:(

I wonder which permissions have to do with fork().

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Leiter Niederlassung West, Datenrevision GmbH
business: Cuxhavener Str. 36, D-21149 Hamburgprivate:  Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz, Michael.Meskes@usa.net