Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL and Solaris 7?

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL and Solaris 7?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL and Solaris 7?  (Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> Reproduced here too. (Solaris 2.6)
>
> >On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Daryl W. Dunbar wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I am running 6.4.2 on Sparc/Solaris 2.7.  Occasionally (far more
> >> often than I would like - which is never :), the postmaster refuses
> >> connections.  Upon investigation, there are 48 postmaster processes
> >> running.  If one kills the parent and restarts, all is well for some
> >> time.  Attached is a chunk of output from postmaster, unfortunately
> >> it does not timestamp, so it is hard to see when what happened.  I'm
> >> most disturbed about the device space message.  None of my disks are
> >> even close to full, nor have been...
> >>
> >> Help! Advice? Ways to gather further info?  Is this a Solaris 7
> >> thing?
> >
> >We just got our Solaris 7 CDs, and I'm going to be installing it on one of
> >our quieter machines in coming weeks, but...
> >
> >have you tried doing a 'truss -p' on the parent process?
>
> Increasing # of semaphores should solve the problem, I guess. I'm
> going to try that as soon as I find the way to increase semaphores.

>From oen of our servers at work, using Oracle

/etc/system:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=16777216
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=51

There are appropriate values for sem also...I actually have a document at
work that explains it all...let me see if I can dig it up and add it to
the WWW site or something...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

От: "Daryl W. Dunbar"
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL and Solaris 7?