Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL and Solaris 7?

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL and Solaris 7?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Increasing # of semaphores should solve the problem, I guess. I'm
>> going to try that as soon as I find the way to increase semaphores.
>
>>From oen of our servers at work, using Oracle
>
>/etc/system:
>
>set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=16777216
>set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
>set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
>set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=51
>

>There are appropriate values for sem also...I actually have a document at
>work that explains it all...let me see if I can dig it up and add it to
>the WWW site or something...

Great.

I checked my Solaris box using sysdef and got:

* IPC Semaphores
*   10  entries in semaphore map (SEMMAP)   10  semaphore identifiers (SEMMNI)   60  semaphores in system (SEMMNS)   30
undo structures in system (SEMMNU)   25  max semaphores per id (SEMMSL)   10  max operations per semop call (SEMOPM)
10 max undo entries per process (SEMUME)32767  semaphore maximum value (SEMVMX)16384  adjust on exit max value
(SEMAEM)

There are so many tunable paramters! I expect cleaner explanations for
these kernel variables from Marc's document.
--
Tatsuo Ishii