Re: server doesn't listen postgresql 9.1 after service change

От Harshad Adalkonda
Тема Re: server doesn't listen postgresql 9.1 after service change
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 4:27 AM, danny <dinesh4202001@gmail.com> wrote:

Don't know what the error is please help me guys I am pretty new to
PostgreSQL

I did Install PostgreSQL 9.1 on my 2012 R2 windows server It did installed
successfully now I changed PostgreSQL service account

Facing error when trying to restart PostgreSQL service !

The PostgreSQL 9.1 service on local computer started and then stopped. Some
services stooped automatically if they are not in use by other services or
programs.
<http://postgresql.nabble.com/file/n5846460/Capture03.png>

When I am trying to login to PostgreSQL database facing the below errors
<http://postgresql.nabble.com/file/n5846460/Capture.png>
<http://postgresql.nabble.com/file/n5846460/Capture01.png>
Server Doesn't listen
I checked config file

listen_addresses = '*'
port = 5432

Hi Danny,

There might be other postgresql server or service is using 5432 port, check it by following command

netstat -abno | findstr :5432

Turn on the postgresql logs from postgresql.conf and check postgresql logs for errors.

If still you cant find post the logs here.

Try to start postgresql from command prompt, if it is working then default service is got corrupted.

You can also create new service for same server as follows

Syntax:

pg_ctl register -N [SERVICENAME] -U [USERNAME] -P [PASSWORD] -D [DATADIR] -S [START-TYPE] -w

Example:

pg_ctl register -N postgresql-9.1 -U postgres -P postgres -D D:\PostgreSQL\9.1\Data -S auto -w

I hope above solution will solve the problem.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Harshad Adalkonda

Сообщение: Re: server doesn't listen postgresql 9.1 after service change
Сообщение: Re: server doesn't listen postgresql 9.1 after service change