Re: [ADMIN] Can master and slave on different PG versions?

От rammohan ganapavarapu
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Can master and slave on different PG versions?
Дата
Re: [ADMIN] Can master and slave on different PG versions?  (Scott Mead <scottm@openscg.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
I am getting this error when i try to add 9.6 slave to 9.4 master.

< 2017-10-09 22:56:31.081 UTC > FATAL: database files are incompatible with server < 2017-10-09 22:56:31.081 UTC > DETAIL: The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 9.4, which is not compatible with this version 9.6.1.

Ram

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 8:26 AM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 5:06 PM, rammohan ganapavarapu
<rammohanganap@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to add 9.6 version Slave to 9.4 master?

Standard usage for Slony. I've used it for dozens of upgrades in place
with a few seconds switch over time.  It's not as complex as it first
appears, but test on something other than production please.

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Can master and slave on different PG versions?
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Can master and slave on different PG versions?