Re: managing multiple db developers

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: managing multiple db developers
Дата
Re: managing multiple db developers  (suresh neravati <suresh.neravati@yahoo.com>)
Re: managing multiple db developers  (Mark Phillips <mark.phillips@mophilly.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 10:44 AM Mark Phillips
<mark.phillips@mophilly.com> wrote:

> When I worked for an Oracle shop, the dba set up individual “schemas” for each developer. That allowed us a database
instanceof our own for experiments, including modifying stored procedures and such, without the risk of negative impact
onother developers or modifying the stable dev-test and QA databases.

> I am wondering how to accomplish a similar arrangement in an postgres cluster.

I recommend leveraging the fact that PostgreSQL lacks per-instance
licensing fees and have each developer run (more or less)

apt-get install postgresql

on their personal development virtual machine

David J.

От: Pepe TD Vo
Сообщение: Re: create tablespaces and users
От: "S. Bob"
Сообщение: Re: managing multiple db developers