Re: managing multiple db developers

От S. Bob
Тема Re: managing multiple db developers
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
PostgreSQL supports schema's as well, a schema in PostgreSQL is a simple
namespace, which is a different concept from Oracle but you can
accomplish the same thing with a schema, in particular via the "CREATE
SCHEMA AUTHORIZATION" approach

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/sql-createschema.html

On 1/15/19 11:07 AM, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 10:44 AM Mark Phillips
> <mark.phillips@mophilly.com> wrote:
>> When I worked for an Oracle shop, the dba set up individual “schemas” for each developer. That allowed us a database
instanceof our own for experiments, including modifying stored procedures and such, without the risk of negative impact
onother developers or modifying the stable dev-test and QA databases.