Re: create tablespaces and users

От Pepe TD Vo
Тема Re: create tablespaces and users
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
In Oracle, we set up each “schema”/user for each developer and/or each database login. This allowed the schema logon into their own database and create their own tables/function/triggers, etc....  How do I avoid all people logon into the postgres db but their own schema/pgsql user?

thank you.

Bach-Nga

No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less, love and forgive more.
To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success

so you suggest not to create the tablespace and associate with the database, right?  What's about the owner?  Still postgres or create user owner?  From Oracle we have 4 schemas for cidr database.

CREATE DATABASE "CIDR"
    WITH
    OWNER = postgres   --> or new users????
    ENCODING = 'UTF8'
    LC_COLLATE = 'en_US.UTF-8'
    LC_CTYPE = 'en_US.UTF-8'
    TABLESPACE = pg_default
    CONNECTION LIMIT = -1;

On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:26 AM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:

Pepe TD Vo schrieb am 14.01.2019 um 16:24:

> From oracle databases, I have few tablespaces and users created for
> that particular database.  How could I do the same for postgres?

The question is: what was the reason to use tablespaces in Oracle?

Most of the time I see an Oracle installation with a tablespace per user, it's to manage space more easily.

As Postgres does not store data in one huge file, this is not really relevant here.
As soon as a table is dropped, the space is released from the filesystem.

So just create the users and let them use the default tablespace, unless you used the tablespaces
to distribute the I/O load to different disks.

Thomas