Re: managing multiple db developers

От suresh neravati
Тема Re: managing multiple db developers
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You can create individual database for each developer.  That works as a cluster, but you can specify smaller memory numbers for each developer.

On Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 10:08:05 AM PST, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 10:44 AM Mark Phillips

<mark.phillips@mophilly.com> wrote:

> When I worked for an Oracle shop, the dba set up individual “schemas” for each developer. That allowed us a database instance of our own for experiments, including modifying stored procedures and such, without the risk of negative impact on other developers or modifying the stable dev-test and QA databases.
>
> I am wondering how to accomplish a similar arrangement in an postgres cluster.

I recommend leveraging the fact that PostgreSQL lacks per-instance
licensing fees and have each developer run (more or less)

apt-get install postgresql

on their personal development virtual machine

David J.