Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files

От Amit Khandekar
Тема Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 at 14:18, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 11:53 AM Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 at 11:34, Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > So max_changes_in_memory is the one
> > > that allows us to reduce the number of transactions required, so we
> > > can cut down on the outer loop iterations and make the test finish
> > > much earlier.
> >

> > > But also note that, we can't use the test suite in
> > > contrib/test_decoding, because max_changes_in_memory needs server
> > > restart. So we need to shift this test to src/test/recovery. And
> > > there, I guess it is not that critical for the testcase to be very
> > > quick because the tests in general are much slower than the ones in
> > > contrib/test_decoding, although it would be nice to make it fast. What
> > > I propose is to modify  max_changes_in_memory, do a server restart
> > > (which takes hardly a sec), run the testcase (3.5 sec) and then
> > > restart after resetting the guc. So totally it will be around 4-5
> > > seconds.
> >
> > Sorry I meant max_files_per_process.
> >

> Okay, what time other individual tests take in that directory on your
> machine?
For src/test/recovery directory, on average, a test takes about 4-5 seconds.

> How about providing a separate test patch for this case so
> that I can also test it?
Attached is a v4 patch that also addresses your code comments so far.
I have included the test case in 006_logical_decoding.pl. I observed
that the test case just adds only about 0.5 to 1 sec time. Please
verify on your env also, and also whether the test reproduces the
issue without the code changes.

> I think we can take the opinion of others as
> well if they are fine with adding this test, otherwise, we can go
> ahead with the main patch.
Sure.

--
Thanks,
-Amit Khandekar

Вложения

От: Li Japin
Сообщение: Re: Duplicate function call on timestamp2tm
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Duplicate function call on timestamp2tm