Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 11:53 AM Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 at 11:34, Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So max_changes_in_memory is the one
> > that allows us to reduce the number of transactions required, so we
> > can cut down on the outer loop iterations and make the test finish
> > much earlier.
>

> > But also note that, we can't use the test suite in
> > contrib/test_decoding, because max_changes_in_memory needs server
> > restart. So we need to shift this test to src/test/recovery. And
> > there, I guess it is not that critical for the testcase to be very
> > quick because the tests in general are much slower than the ones in
> > contrib/test_decoding, although it would be nice to make it fast. What
> > I propose is to modify  max_changes_in_memory, do a server restart
> > (which takes hardly a sec), run the testcase (3.5 sec) and then
> > restart after resetting the guc. So totally it will be around 4-5
> > seconds.
>
> Sorry I meant max_files_per_process.

Okay, what time other individual tests take in that directory on your
machine?  How about providing a separate test patch for this case so
that I can also test it?  I think we can take the opinion of others as
well if they are fine with adding this test, otherwise, we can go
ahead with the main patch.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.