Re: Duplicate function call on timestamp2tm

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Duplicate function call on timestamp2tm
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Li Japin <japinli@hotmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for your confirm. Is there anything I can do?

No, I've got it.

In adding the test coverage I spoke of, I thought we should allow
the date_part tests to check all the entries in timestamp[tz]_tbl
not just those around current time, and I found an independent
problem:

          timestamp          |  isoyear  | week | isodow | dow | doy
 Tue Feb 16 17:32:01 0097 BC |       -96 |    7 |      2 |   2 |  47
 Sat Feb 16 17:32:01 0097    |        97 |    7 |      6 |   6 |  47

that is, the ISOYEAR case is failing to correct for BC years.

We could imagine fixing this in date2isoyear() but I think it's
safer to leave that function alone and do the corrections
in timestamp[tz]_part.  Note for example that formatting.c
already applies a BC correction to the result; and I think the
usage in date2isoyearday() requires sticking to the year-zero-exists
convention, too.