Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 9:50 PM Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Attached is a v4 patch that also addresses your code comments so far.
> I have included the test case in 006_logical_decoding.pl. I observed
> that the test case just adds only about 0.5 to 1 sec time. Please
> verify on your env also, and also whether the test reproduces the
> issue without the code changes.

It takes roughly the same time on my machine as well.  I have checked
on Windows as well, it increases the time from 14 to 16 (17) seconds
for this test.  I don't think this is any big increase considering the
timing of other tests and it would be good to have a test for such
boundary conditions.  I have slightly change the comments in the patch
and ran pgindent.  Attached, find the patch with a proposed commit
message.

I have also made minor changes related to below code in patch:
- else if (readBytes != sizeof(ReorderBufferDiskChange))
+
+ file->curOffset += readBytes;
+
+ if (readBytes !=
sizeof(ReorderBufferDiskChange))

Why the size is added before the error check?  I think it should be
after that check, so changed accordingly.  Similarly, I don't see why
we need to change 'else if' to 'if' in this code, so changed back.

I think we need to change/tweak the test for back branches as there we
don't have logical_decoding_work_mem.  Can you please look into that
and see if you can run perltidy for the test file.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Вложения