От Ajin Cherian
Тема Re: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
RE: row filtering for logical replication  ("tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com" <tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com>)
Re: row filtering for logical replication  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Re: row filtering for logical replication  (Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com>)
Re: row filtering for logical replication  (Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422@gmail.com>)
RE: row filtering for logical replication  ("tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com" <tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Attaching version 39-

V39 fixes the following review comments:

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 7:49 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

>  CheckObjSchemaNotAlreadyInPublication(rels, schemaidlist,
>    PUBLICATIONOBJ_TABLE);
>
>I think for the correct merge you need to just call
>CheckObjSchemaNotAlreadyInPublication() before this for loop. BTW, I
>have a question regarding this implementation. Here, it has been
>assumed that the new rel will always be specified with a different
>qual, what if there is no qual or if the qual is the same?

Actually with this code, no qual or a different qual does not matter,
it recreates everything as specified by the ALTER SET command.
I have added CheckObjSchemaNotAlreadyInPublication as you specified since this
is required to match the schema patch behaviour. I've also added
a test case that tests this particular case.

On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 5:53 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

>2) v37-0004
>
>+       /* Scan the expression tree for referenceable objects */
>+       find_expr_references_walker(expr, &context);
>+
>+       /* Remove any duplicates */
>+       eliminate_duplicate_dependencies(context.addrs);
>+
>
>The 0004 patch currently use find_expr_references_walker to get all the
>reference objects. I am thinking do we only need get the columns in the
>expression ? I think maybe we can check the replica indentity like[1].

Changed as suggested.

On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 2:08 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

>I see your point. But, I think we can add some comments here
>indicating that the user might have mistakenly given where clause with
>some schema which we will identify later and give an appropriate
>error. Then, in preprocess_pubobj_list(), identify if the user has
>given the where clause with schema name and give an appropriate erro

Changed as suggested.

On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 2:08 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

>BTW, why not give an error if the duplicate table is present and any one of them or
>both have row-filters? I think the current behavior makes sense
>because it makes no difference if the table is present more than once
>in the list but with row-filter it can make difference so it seems to
>me that giving an error should be considered.

Changed as suggested, also added test cases for the same.

regards,
Ajin Cherian
Fujitsu Australia

Вложения