RE: row filtering for logical replication

От tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
Re: row filtering for logical replication  (Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422@gmail.com>)
Re: row filtering for logical replication  (Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday, November 12, 2021 6:20 PM Ajin Cherian <itsajin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Attaching version 39-

I met another problem when filtering out with the operator '~'.
Data can't be replicated as expected.

For example:
-- publisher
create table t (a text primary key);
create publication pub for table t where (a ~ 'aaa');

-- subscriber
create table t (a text primary key);
create subscription sub connection 'port=5432' publication pub;

-- publisher
insert into t values ('aaaaab');
insert into t values ('aaaaabc');
postgres=# select * from t where (a ~ 'aaa');
---------
 aaaaab
 aaaaabc
(2 rows)

-- subscriber
postgres=# select * from t;
--------
 aaaaab
(1 row)

The second record can’t be replicated.

By the way, when only applied 0001 patch, I couldn't reproduce this bug.
So, I think it was related to the later patches.

Regards
Tang